Feelings: This term refers to how you feel about something or how you feel about a certain person, as defined by the dictionary. This definition may seem simple, but emotions are often more nuanced than that. This is because it is extremely difficult to think rationally when one’s emotions are involved.
Surely you’ve overheard these phrases:Ultimately, one must follow one’s heart.Just a nice way of saying that emotions have far more influence over our decisions than we give them credit for.
This is why it’s so difficult to answer this question succinctly:The question is, how do you feel about me?Whether the question is posed by a close friend or someone you would have never suspected, it is guaranteed to make you feel uneasy, if only for a moment.
With this guide, we hope to spare you the awkwardness of having to figure out what this question means and how to respond to it without doing any harm. Is the anticipation building? Let’s go!
Best Response to How Do You Feel About Me
Let’s get to the heart of the matter and identify the person who is wondering your feelings. Because the real weight of your answer to this question lies with thewho than the why. In addition, understanding who this person is to you will help you better understand why they may be asking you this.
Have you started dating this person?
Some of you may be surprised to learn that the person most likely to ask you a question isJust how do I stand in your estimation?usually refers to the one you’re in at the moment. Okay, so now you’re probably wondering,I thought they knew the answer already.When they might not be so in reality.
Going out is the obvious starting point for a relationship. You’re still in the “getting to know you” phase, so you should be on your best behavior, participate in activities that your date enjoys, and spend as much time as possible with them.
This newfound excitement is addicting, but at some point, one of you will want to move things along. And this is by no means a bad thing, since it indicates they enjoy your company and wish to move toward a more committed status, perhaps a romantic one.
But they want to make sure you’re both on the same page before making a formal proposal. Here are a few possible rejoinders if that’s the case:
What I enjoy most about our time together is just being together.
I think you’re fantastic and consider myself very fortunate to know you.
Simply being in your presence is the highlight of my days.
In addition to assuring them of your feelings, these responses will encourage them to open up about their own. If, on the other hand, you’d rather take things slowly, you can reply to their inquiry with the following:
I’ve never met anything about you that I didn’t like in the short time we’ve spent together.
There’s still so much more to discover about you, but I love what I already know.
I’m enjoying getting to know you and hope there will be more opportunities to do so in the future.
All of these responses show how much you care about the other person, but they also hint that it may not be the right time to move forward romantically. How’s that for a symmetrical situation?
How to Do You Feel About Me Answers
- To put it simply: it’s wonderful to see you again!
- To say thank you seems inadequate.
- I appreciate your being here.
- I don’t really care about you, but it’s nice to talk.
- I don’t know what to say, but I’ll listen and offer assistance if I can.
- I can’t say that I feel strongly about it.
- Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about you to form a solid judgment.
- I make an effort to maintain objectivity in all my dealings.
- Regardless of how I feel about the subject, I am here to provide useful and accurate information.
- I don’t know you personally, but I’m here to help you out regardless.
- I can’t seem to develop strong feelings for anyone.
- I don’t care much about you, but I am willing to answer your questions.
- All of my interactions with you are based on facts and data that are unbiased and objective.
- Though I don’t claim to have any strong feelings or opinions, I am willing to listen and offer whatever help I can.
- I am always fair and considerate to all of my customers.
Please see these related readings as well: