How to Block and Unblock Someone on Hangouts: 6 Easy Steps
Hangouts includes a blocking feature that allows you to prevent a user from contacting you again, contacting others on your behalf, viewing your updates, photos, activities, etc. if you don’t feel comfortable talking to them or if you just want to ignore them for a while. Likewise, if you’re free to communicate with that person, you can unblock them.
Block/Unblock someone on hangouts
As its name implies, Hangouts is primarily used for chatting, and you can use the Google Hangouts app on both your mobile device and computer. We’ll go over the steps required to block and unblock someone in Hangouts.
How to Block someone on hangouts on Desktop
- Just fire up your web browser, okay?Simply open a new tab in your browser, type in “www.gmail.com,” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Login: Please login by providing your email address and password..
- To view the profiles of additional users, select their names from the drop-down menus.After logging in, your profile picture and name will appear in the middle of the left sidebar, and the names of the total number of users, along with their pictures and names, will appear below.
- Pick the right one:If you know the name of the person you want to block, you can simply click on it to block them.
- Select the gear icon and then:There’s a cog-shaped “Settings” button in the upper right corner; select it.
- Use the Stop button:Click the red circle with the line through the middle, which is the blocking option, and then click it again. This individual is now disabled.
How to unblock someone on hangouts on Desktop:
- Use the down arrow key:Left of the center, look for the profile icon that includes your name; if you see a down arrow, select it.
- Select the omitted contacts:To view the list of those who have been blocked, scroll down and select the appropriate option.
- To remove blocking, please:Just click the unblock button next to their name after you’ve decided to unblock them.
How to Block someone on hangouts on Android
- Access your inbox in the Gmail app:Launch the email app on your Android device.
- Login: In order to access your account, please enter your email address and password.
- If you click on your profile picture:When logged in, you’ll see a list of names alongside each person’s profile picture and name.
- Go with whoever you like:Click on the name of the person you want to block.
- Click the “three-dots”:When you see a white circle with three dots in it near the top right, click it.
- Choose the “People” menu item:To select the “people” option, simply tap the button after which a menu of choices will appear.
- Again, select the three dots.You’ll see a cluster of three white dots in the upper right corner; tap that.
- If you opt to block, it will be:A drop-down menu will appear after you tap; select the “block” option at the very bottom of the menu that appears.
- Select the octagon with a tap:You can easily block someone by tapping the appropriate button.
How to unblock someone on hangouts on Android
- Just launch Gmail:To check your email on your Android phone, simply open the Gmail app.
- Toggle three bars:Select the white three-bar menu in the upper left corner.
- Go to the Menu and select Settings.If you scroll down, you’ll find a cog-shaped icon that represents settings; select that.
- Select your email address:If you want to change your email address, you can do so in the settings menu.
- Try the blocked numbers:Once you’ve located the option to blacklist certain contacts, tap on it.
- Disable the block:Here you’ll find the name of the person you’ve blocked alongside the option to unblock them. The person has been unblocked at this time.
Once you block a user, you will no longer be able to communicate with or receive notifications from that user. Using the aforementioned steps, you can effectively block and unblock people in Hangouts.