Snapchat’s ever-expanding set of features and array of unique filters consistently take users by storm. The platform has recently seen a meteoric rise in popularity among fans all over the world. It’s become a great place for young people to go for engaging content and to make new friends all over the world.
To use Snapchat, you must first create an account by entering your email address during the setup process.
However, Snapchat also requires users to provide a phone number during Sign Up in order to provide a seamless experience or suggest relevant friends.
The problem arises, however, if you want to sign up for Snapchat but don’t have a phone.
You can bypass the requirement to enter a phone number and sign up for an account just by providing your email address.
So, if you’re interested in learning some simple and efficient methods for making a Snapchat account without a phone number, you’ve come to the right place!
The post will show you how to create a Snapchat account without using a phone number.
How to Create Snapchat Account Without Phone Number
First and foremost, you can rest assured that Snapchat will not share your phone number with any outside parties.
This means that if you sign up for Snapchat using your phone number, it will not be shared with any outside parties. However, what if you don’t want to provide Snapchat with your mobile phone number? Here’s what we can do to help you out.
Note:Read our comprehensive guide on How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat Permanently if you want to delete your phone number from your Snapchat account.
Method 1: Signup With Email Instead
Snapchat requires you to verify your human identity before using the app. Obviously, you’ll have to supply some form of personal information or other evidence of your identity in order to confirm your account. Your Snapchat account information is used to generate a verification code.
If you’ve been avoiding giving out your phone number to satisfy identity verification needs, you no longer have to. Alternatively, you can supply your email address. The verification code will be sent to your email address.
Then your email address is the next best thing to your phone number. Snapchat accounts can be made by entering an email address and a confirmation code.
Follow these steps to:
- Fire up the Snapchat app on your Android or iOS device.
- Look for the blue Sign Up button near the bottom of the screen and tap it.
- Turn on the app’s permission to speed up the registration process, then hit Continue.
- Tap the Allow button to give Snapchat permission to access your Contacts and manage your phone calls.
- Input your name and email address, then click the “Accept” button.
- Choose your date of birth and press the Continue button.
- A username suggestion will appear based on your name; if you don’t like it, you can always click the Change My Username button.
- Make sure the password you select is at least 8 characters long.
- If you don’t want Snapchat to ever ask for your phone number again, you can skip that step by selecting the Sign Up with Email instead option when prompted.
- The next step is to enter your email address and click the Continue button. You must log in with the verification code sent to your email.
- Connect with people on your list to share photos and see what they’ve been up to. You will be prompted to fill in the necessary information for creating an account, including an avatar.
2. Signup with Another Phone Number
As was previously mentioned, the only reason Snapchat requires a phone number is to verify your account by sending a verification code to your phone. Which phone number you use or who is associated with that number is irrelevant.
Enter your friend’s cell phone number if you don’t feel comfortable giving out your own. Snapchat allows you to sign up with any valid phone number, provided that you have access to the number. You may also provide a family member’s contact information.
- Get Snapchat on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Launch the software and supply the required information (username, password, name, and date of birth).
- Type in the phone number of a close associate or family member.
- SnapChat will then send a confirmation code to the phone number you provided, and you’ll need to enter that code to complete the process.
- To join, please hit the “Join” button.