How to Fix Instagram Reels Not Working or Showing
Today’s Quick Fix for Broken Instagram Reels:Instagram has over one billion monthly active users, making it one of the most popular social media sites. In the wake of the recent ban on TikTok, Instagram has swooped in to attract users in search of a replacement service for sharing short videos for fun and engagement.
To capitalize on this trend, Instagram released the Reels feature, which enables users to record a short (approximately 15-30 second) video clip and then edit it using the app’s music library, audio effects, and other creative tools.
With this new feature, Instagram users can add longer-form videos to their profile feeds than the typical Insta story.
Many Instagram users have asked questions like “why reels are not showing in my Instagram after update,” “Instagram reels not working today,” and “why can’t I see reels on Instagram,” despite the fact that Instagram is the most demanding and feature-rich app available.
They are currently searching the internet for solutions. If you’re one of the many people who have tried practically N different fixes but are still encountering the same problem, read on. If that’s the case, you can stop reading now because this is the right blog for you.
If you’re getting a “no internet connection” message on Instagram, you can fix it by following the steps in the comprehension guide.
If Instagram Reels aren’t loading or showing up on your Android or iOS device, iStaunch has a comprehensive guide to fixing the problem.
Why Reels Are Not Showing in My Instagram After Update?
There are a number of potential causes for Instagram Reels to stop appearing after an update. Instagram Reels not loading? It could be because the feature hasn’t yet been released in your country, or it could be because of an excessive amount of data stored in the app’s cache. If you go to Settings, then Apps, then Instagram, then Storage, then Clear Cache, maybe that will fix it.
If your Instagram Reels aren’t loading, try this alternative solution.
How to Fix Instagram Reels Not Working or Showing
1. Update Instagram App (Fix Instagram Reels Not Working Today)
Your Instagram app may not have been updated, preventing you from accessing the Reels feature. The inability to see or access the Reels option may be due to using an older version of the Instagram app. You can get the most recent version of the Instagram app from the Play Store on Android or the App Store on iOS.
- A mobile version of Google’s app store; open it.
- Simply enter Instagram into the search box and press the enter key.
- Select Instagram, then hit the Update button.
- As soon as the app has finished updating, launch it and navigate to the Search screen.
- Once you’ve scrolled the screen up and down a few times, the app will begin to display the reels.
Get the App with the Reels Function:You haven’t updated your app from the Play Store and you still don’t see the Reels option ifFree Instagram Highlights App Available for Downloadon the phone.
To those who have yet to see the Reels section, we ask that you please be patient. It’s possible that you just need to update your phone software. Go check for an update in your phone’s settings right away. Just that.
2. Report Problem if Instagram Reels Not Showing
If you’ve updated Instagram and you’re still having trouble with Reels, the issue is not with your device or software. There’s a chance this is happening because your account does not have access to the reels feature. To solve this issue, please contact Instagram and let them know what’s going on.
Soon after you report this issue, Instagram’s technical staff will investigate and resolve it on your behalf.
Specifically, you can do so by
- To access your Instagram account, launch the program.
- Click the small profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen to access your profile page.
- Select Settings by tapping the ellipsis menu button.
- To access the Help menu, please scroll down and tap the corresponding button.
- Then, select the issue reporting button. Fill out the message box with the text below. If you’d like, you can also add screenshots.
- The next step is to hit the “Submit” button. It ended there; the reels option began airing within a span of 48 hours.
You may enter the following message:Despite updating to the most recent version of the Instagram app from the Google Play Store, I still cannot locate the reels option. As soon as possible, I’d appreciate it if you could turn on the Instagram Reels feature for my account. Thanks.
3. Join Beta (Fix Why Can’t I Post Reels on Instagram)
You are currently utilizing Instagram’s base version. Beta releases, on the other hand, are intended primarily for developers and tech enthusiasts who are eager to try out cutting-edge innovations.
If you want to try out the new feature before anyone else, sign up for the Instagram Beta program. However, I should warn you that there may be many issues with this beta release. Participate at your own peril.
Here’s what you need to do to get into the Beta test:
- Launch either the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Instagram in your search results and click on it.
- Tap the Join button in the Join the Beta section, which can be found by scrolling down and tapping the button there.
- Just make sure you hit the Join button again for confirmation.
- Follow that up by installing the beta update for the app.
- In a little while, you should be able to access the Instagram Reels feature.
4. Sign In & Out of Your Instagram Account
If you have more than one Instagram account linked to the same app, then this method is for you.
You couldn’t see the Instagram Reels feature even after updating and enrolling in the Beta program’s testing phase. In this case, you can try logging out of your account and back in again. Now the issue can be put to rest.
5. Clear Cache
Over time, a buildup of temporary cache and data can interfere with an app’s normal operation. Therefore, periodically erasing these records is recommended.
Since Instagram saves your data in the cloud, clearing the cache won’t affect your account in any way. The only thing that will happen is that you will be logged out of your account temporarily.
In order to accomplish this, please:
- Access the device’s configurations menu.
- Select Manage Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Find Instagram in your app drawer, and launch it.
- To start over, select Clear Data.
- A Clear Cache or All Data button should then be selected.
- Finally, select OK to accept your selection and finish the procedure.
So unwind and take it easy for a while. The Instagram team is working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible so that you can resume using this function.
Some Closing Thoughts:
I’m crossing my fingers that this solves the problem of Instagram reels not showing up on Android and iOS devices.
Finally, we’d love to hear which approach you chose, if any, or if you went a different route entirely, in the comments.
If you find a better way of handling this situation, please let us know. If so, feel free to leave a comment for us below so we can take a look at it and consider adding it to our index.
Please get in touch with us if you have any further questions or suggestions.