How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages (Updated)
Look at Previously Removed Snap Inc. Messages:Snapchat has quickly risen to prominence as a must-have tool for those who enjoy broadcasting their lives to a wide audience of friends, family, and online acquaintances. There is a lot about Snapchat that appeals to a wide audience, including the app’s new Snap Map feature and its exciting array of filters.
Much like Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger, it also allows you to have private conversations with people you care about.
Discover Messages, a new addition to the app, lets users send photos of interesting content to their friends, who can then view the photo and click on a link to share it on Discover.
All the messages you send and receive, including photos and videos, will be deleted after 24 hours, making it a truly unique and exciting feature.
The concept that messages will vanish after a certain amount of time has attracted millions of users to the platform in recent years. Conversations keep getting lost because users delete them accidentally or on purpose.
Have you and a friend ever accidentally deleted a Snapchat message only to be able to retrieve it later?
If so, you may be wondering, “Can I recover Snapchat messages that I accidentally deleted?” or “Can Snapchat messages be recovered?”
Unless you press and hold to save them, any messages you send through the Snapchat chat box will expire 24 hours after they have been viewed by the recipient or automatically.
Snapchat messages, including photos, videos, and chats, can be viewed even after deletion if you request access to your account’s data and look in the appropriate places on your device..nomedia extension.
iStaunch has a comprehensive tutorial on how to retrieve lost Snapchat messages from an iPhone or Android device.
It turns out that you can use the same methods to bring back lost Snapchat clips.
That good to your ears? Okay, so let’s get this party started.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages (See Deleted Messages on Snapchat)
- Open the Snap I.N.O.T.A.T.E.website using your mobile phone, be it an iPhone or an Android.
- The next step is to enter your username/email and password to access your account.
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, you’ll be redirected to the My Data page.
- Snap Inc. allows you to submit a request to download your account data by clicking the Submit Request button at the bottom of this page.
- After your request has been processed, you will receive an email with a download link once the data has been prepared.
- To access the Snapchat link, open the email and select the “click here” button.
- Tap the mydata.zip link, which will take you to the My Data page. As soon as you click the link, your device will begin downloading the zip file.
You can now access all the photos and videos you sent and received on Snapchat before they were deleted in a convenient.zip file. However, you may be wondering if and how it is possible to access and restore lost messages from this archive.
Don’t fret; I’m here to lend a hand.
How to Restore and View Deleted Snapchat Messages
- On your iOS or Android device, open the mydata.zip file and extract its contents.
- When the file is extracted, a new directory is created.
- To read erased messages, navigate to that folder and launch the index.html file contained therein.
- The next screen displays every Snapchat message you’ve ever deleted.
Alternative Ways to Recover Snapchat Messages
1. Snapchat Message Recovery by iStaunch
iStaunch’s Snapchat Message Recovery is a web-based, free service that can be used to retrieve lost Snapchat messages. To retrieve your lost Snapchat account, simply enter your username in the box provided and click the “Recover” button. Snapchat messages will be restored automatically.
2. Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages with mSpy
mSpy, a mobile monitoring app, can be used as a replacement for Snapchat’s inability to retrieve deleted messages. By installing it, you can keep track of every conversation you’ve ever had, along with every message and shared media file, even if they were accidentally erased or their retention period ran out.
Since mSpy needs to be set up before it can begin storing information, any messages deleted before setup will be lost forever. In addition to being able to record conversations on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp, the app also works with instant messaging services like Telegram.
3. Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages from Cache (Android)
Recovering the media from your Android device is the best bet for retrieving those lost Snapchat messages.
Find the messages folder by navigating to Android > data > com.snapchat.android > cache. The unsent messages will load next. Select the messages you need recovered from the trash and hit the Recover button.
Follow these steps to:
- Plug your phone into the computer’s USB port.
- In Android, select the menu item Data > com.snapchat.android.
- Get into Snapchat’s Cache folder.
- The unsent messages will be displayed.
- Just pick the messages you want back and hit the recover button.
- Your lost videos and pictures can be restored.
If that doesn’t work, you can always download the FoneLab tools and get your messages back. Snapchat messages can be easily retrieved using this software.
Related:SnapChat Picture Restoration: A Guide
4. Recover Deleted Snapchat Messages iPhone
Advanced message recovery software may be required to retrieve all of your data if you are using iOS.
Follow these steps to:
- The Snapchat Message Recovery app must be installed.
- Sync your iPhone with your computer.
- This will put your gadget into recovery mode.
- It will begin looking for lost messages on your device.
- We move on to the deleted messages next.
- Simply pick the messages you want back and hit the recover button.
Related:Discover People’s Email Addresses on Snapchat with This Tool
5. See Old Snapchat Messages (File Manager)
Snapchat retains deleted messages in the “.nomedia” folder of your device’s internal storage. With this update, even if you delete a message from Snapchat, it will continue to be stored on your mobile device for 30 days.
The steps to reclaiming these transmissions are below.
- Your Android device needs the File Manager app.
- To access files on an iPhone, you must jailbreak it and install a suitable file manager app.
- Launch the com.snapchat.android folder by navigating to Android/data.
- Get the document that begins with a.nomedia extension.
- Data-obscuring files are also included in this directory.
- To prevent Snapchat from automatically renaming files after deletion, you must manually remove the extension.nomedia extension.
- After that, you can once again view thumbnails for all of your files.
- To locate and retrieve Snapchat messages, you may need to do some digging.
Related:Discover Anyone’s Snapchat IP Address Here!
6. See Deleted Chats on Snapchat (Dumpster)
Dumpster is Android’s equivalent to the “recycle bin” on a computer, where deleted files are stored for safekeeping. If you want to keep your documents safe, you should get this app.
Everything you delete from the app, whether on purpose or by accident, is saved. In most cases, you can retrieve lost data from Dumpster, regardless of file type (ZIP, JPG, etc.).
One of the best features of this app is that it displays all of your deleted files in plain view without requiring any sort of search. In addition, Dumpster can be used to retrieve Snapchat messages even if you don’t have access to the internet. But to access Snapchat content, you must first open the app.
Related:Finding Out Who Has Been Observing Your Snapchat Profile
7. Save Your Snapchat Messages
Treatment is always preferable, but prevention is preferable. If you don’t want to delete messages only to later come to regret it, you should make an effort to save them. Messages sent and received on Snapchat can now be easily saved.
Here’s how to keep track of your conversations:
- Launch SnapChat, then sign in.
- To access the conversation tab, swipe to the right.
- Get into the conversation you’re interested in saving.
- The “Save in Chat” option appears when you press and hold the message.
- The message will be highlighted in gray and bold after it has been saved.
- Consider, too, that the other party is aware that you have a copy of their message saved.
I am hoping that this comprehensive guide will make it simple for you to retrieve lost Snapchat messages on your Android or iOS device. Feel free to share your experiences with message recovery problems here.
Check Out These Related Articles