How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos (Updated)
Sharing photos, videos, and other forms of multimedia with friends, family, and loved ones is a common activity on social networking sites like Snapchat. However, Snapchat does not allow you to save these photos to your Android or iPhone gallery, which is a major drawback.
The photos will either disappear from the service after a set amount of time has passed or the recipient will be prompted to delete them.
Even if the photos have been removed from the Snapchat app, you can still access them through the cache on your device. Your shared snaps and videos will also be stored on Snapchat’s server for a while after they’ve been viewed by their intended recipients.
A few options are listed below for saving the snaps you receive on Snapchat:
Grab a Snapshot:Snapping a screenshot of the image is the fastest way to save a photo from the photo sharing app Snapchat. Keep in mind that as soon as you take a screenshot of their photos, the subject will be notified.
Stories:Snapchat stories only remain viewable for 24 hours. However, by clicking the “Live Story” option, you can store them for later use.
Memories:A user’s saved photos and videos in the memories section are available for viewing whenever they’re most convenient for the user. You can rest assured that these images will always be accessible in your account.
Snapchat users occasionally make the blunder of erasing their photos or failing to save them to their memories.
No longer need to fret though!
Snaps that have been deleted can be recovered and restored following the steps outlined in this post by iStaunch.
In fact, these methods can also be used to retrieve lost Snapchat data on iOS and Android gadgets.
OK, how does that sound? Ok, so let’s begin.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos (Recover Deleted Snaps)
- Open the Send Me Your Numbers on Snapchatsite on your mobile device, be it an iPhone or Android.
- Snapchat requires a Username/Email Address and Password combination to access your account.
- Clicking this link will take you to your personal data page. Snap Inc. user data requests can be submitted here.
- Keep scrolling down until you see the Submit Request button, as shown in the image below, and then click it.
- Your request for account information has been received and will be available for download in 24 hours. When your files are ready to be downloaded, an email will be sent to the address you provided. An email with a download link could take a little longer to arrive at times.
- Be aware that there is a daily cap on the number of times you can request a download of your data.
- Go to the Snapchat email and click the link to download the app.
- Select mydata.zip to be taken to the My Data page.
Now that you’ve downloaded your Snapchat data file, you can view and restore previously erased photos by following the steps below.
Related:What You Need to Know About Recovering Deleted SnapChat Videos
How to Restore Deleted Snapchat Photos from Snapchat Date
- On your mobile device, unzip the mydata.zip file.
- The extraction process creates a new directory.
- Choose the index.html file to launch.
- Select the Photos tab on the left side of the screen.
- There are snapchats that have been deleted for all time. Pick the pictures you want back and hit the recover button.
Alternative Ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos
1. Snapchat Photos Recovery by iStaunch
SnapChat users: iStaunch’s Snapchat Photo Recovery is where you can get your lost snaps back. To retrieve your lost pictures, sign in with your username and password. Your account’s lost pictures will be restored mechanically.
2. Recover Snapchat Photos from Cache
Photos taken with Snapchat are among the many apps whose data is cached by Android. Photos and videos deleted from Snapchat can be restored from Android’s cache folder.
You can follow these steps to accomplish that:
- To access your device’s file manager, please click here.
- Select Android > Data > com.snapchat.android on your device’s menu.
- The Snapchat Cache folder must be opened.
- Visit the “received_image_snaps” folder.
- Those pictures that were previously purged will be displayed.
- Pick the pictures you want back and hit the recover button.
Related:Discover People’s Email Addresses on Snapchat with This Tool
3. Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos on iPhone
If you have iCloud synced on your device, retrieving Snapchat photos will be a breeze. We’ll show you how to access your Snapchat archive in iCloud.
- To reset your device, go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Select “Delete this device and all content” from the menu.
- Once you’ve restarted your device, go to Settings > General > Reset > Restore from iCloud Backup.
- So there you have it! Perform a full restore of your iCloud backup.