How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat (Updated)
In today’s highly connected digital society, almost everyone understands the significance of social media. Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat are all good places to find members of the Millennial and Gen Z generations. These are a few examples of social apps that not only facilitate communication with friends and new acquaintances, but also provide an excellent medium for broadcasting your daily activities to your network of friends and acquaintances.
Snapchat is now one of the most popular social media apps available. Every month, more than 500 million people all over the world use it.
Snapchat is an excellent choice for those who enjoy social media and would benefit from a combination of entertaining filters and interesting features. With just a few taps, you’ll have access to a plethora of filters and exceptional tools for taking pictures that will turn heads.
However, Snapchat requires you to provide identifying information, such as your phone number, when creating an account.
However, what happens if you already have an account with that phone number? Can a phone number be deleted from Snapchat?
Here you’ll find instructions for disabling Snapchat’s access to your phonebook.
What is it? Let’s find out.
Can You Remove Phone Number from Snapchat?
There is currently no in-app method of permanently removing your phone number from Snapchat. However, on Snapchat’s preferences page, you can edit or replace that number.
In this article, you’ll learn how to delete, change, and conceal your Snapchat phone number.
How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat
1. Remove & Unlink Phone Number from Snapchat
- Launch Snapchat, then sign in.
- Select the user’s profile by clicking the corresponding icon.
- The gear icon can be found on your profile page.
- In the My Account menu, select Mobile Number.
- A new phone number should be entered in the provided space after the old one is deleted. After that, hit the “Verify” button.
- Snapchat will send a verification code to your new phone number via Text or Call. It’s up to you to decide which alternative is better.
- Click the submit button after entering the verification code sent to your new number.
- After that, Snapchat will no longer have your number.
This tactic is ideal for those who are considering switching from their current mobile number to one that isn’t particularly significant. That’s why it makes sense to switch to a secondary, less-frequently-used phone number if you have more than one.
2. Hide Your Phone Number on Snapchat
If you use iOS, you can’t modify or remove the phone number associated with your Snapchat account except by erasing the account entirely.
The best course of action is to keep the number’s disclosure secret. To disable the feature that allows other Snapchat users to find you via your phone number, go to your profile, click the “Settings” button, and then click the “Mobile number” button.
If you’re worried about people finding you because you used your phone number to create your Snapchat account, you can relax.
3. Create New Snapchat Account With Same Number
Create a new Snapchat account using the same phone number if you want to disconnect it from your old account. The old account will be deleted once the new phone number has been verified.
What you should do is outlined below.
- Launch Snapchat and tap the Signup tab at the bottom of the screen to create an account.
- Fill in your full name here. Choose to Accept and Sign Up.
- Then, choose your birth date and hit the Continue button.
- Following that, choose the alternate method of registration (by phone number).
- You can verify your phone number with an OTP by entering it.
- It’s over; your old account no longer has access to your phone number.
4. Delete Your Snapchat Account
For any issues that may arise from having a mobile number associated with your Snapchat account, having that number removed is your best bet. Getting your phone number off Snapchat can’t be simpler than this.
If you delete your account and then re-create it, you’ll have the same username as before. It’s as simple as inviting everyone you know to use your new account, and you’ll be set!
Additionally, you may want to read: