How to See Unsent Messages on Instagram
Have you ever received a direct message notification from Instagram, only to go back and unsend or delete the message? Every one of us has been here before. Instagram allows users to delete messages after they’ve been sent, erasing them from both your inbox and the recipient’s. As a matter of fact, you can delete a message that you sent to a user a whole year ago.
The only catch is that if someone deletes a message they dropped on Instagram, you won’t get a notification. This message will no longer be visible in your direct messages folder after it has been deleted.
What’s more, unlike Whatsapp, you won’t receive a notification saying that a particular conversation has been erased. So, checking the chats frequently is the only way to tell if anything was removed.
An earlier flaw allowed users to view the notification for messages that had been unsent. You would receive a notification each time a message was unsent. As an added bonus, the alert would remain on the user’s device permanently.
However, Instagram has since patched the issue, so the unsent messages will no longer appear in the tab. You can still read the messages that have been deleted.
If you want to read unsent messages on Instagram without much hassle, you can do so with the help of third-party apps, even though Instagram does not include such a feature.
In this article, iStaunch will show you how to view Instagram messages that have not yet been sent.
Can You See Unsent Messages on Instagram?
Instagram does not ostensibly offer a way to recover or view unsent messages, so there is no official way to do so. Instagram’s unsend feature for messages was created so users could remove messages they no longer wanted the recipient to see or use.
Those who accidentally contact the wrong person can use this function. Once the message has been unsent on Instagram, the recipient will not be able to access it again.
Of course, there are a plethora of third-party apps made specifically to make it simple to read draft emails.
Let’s delve deeper into this topic of conversation.
How to See Unsent Messages on Instagram
1. NotiSave – See Unsent Instagram Messages
- Put Notisave on your Apple or Google device.
- To enable notifications, open the app and click the Allow button.
- The Notification access page will load as soon as you tap the Allow button. Look for Notisave in your list of installed programs and toggle it on.
- The next step is to give the app permission to access your device’s storage, including photos, videos, and other documents.
- The apps you have on your device will begin downloading after that.
- In order for the Notisave app to function properly, you will be taken to the Autostart screen.
- Now the app can be used to archive Instagram message alerts as soon as they arrive.
- Instagram’s new message notifications will be automatically saved to Notisave.
- The Notisave app will still have your friend’s unsent Instagram message even if they deleted it.
- To get to Instagram from Notisave, launch Notisave first. All done, this is where you can check out your draft messages.
2. Take a Screenshot
Taking a screenshot of the conversation as soon as the sender sends a message is the most straightforward way to read unsent messages. It’s wise to capture a screenshot of the page if the message is particularly crucial and you fear the sender may delete it later.
This will ensure that you have a copy of the message in your gallery even if the sender decides to delete it later.
3. AiGrow Message Recovery
AiGrow is a no-cost method of retrieving deleted messages. Once you’ve created an account, you can link your Instagram to the service. Simply log in with your Instagram credentials when prompted to do so by the AiGrow.
If you link the app to your inbox, you can receive all notifications there. A confirmation email will be sent to you shortly. After verifying your email address, you will begin receiving the messages you have requested.
4. See Unsent Instagram Messages from Facebook
Facebook users who have also signed up for Instagram can check their Facebook Inbox or Messenger to view unsent Instagram messages.
The steps are as follows:
- Launch Facebook’s instant messaging service, Messenger, and sign in.
- In the menu bar, select Messages and then Instagram Direct.
- All unsent Instagram messages will be displayed here.
The following should be read in conjunction with this: