Telegram’s popularity soars whenever WhatsApp is unavailable or when the latter makes changes to its security settings. It’s a good thing there’s more to life than Facebook’s endless trawl.
Even though Pavel Durov, Telegram’s creator, claims that nearly 500 million people are using the app at the moment, this number is significantly lower than the combined user bases of WhatsApp and Facebook.
To be blunt, it makes no difference either way. When it comes to encrypted messaging apps, Telegram is among the best. It provides a distributed messaging service that is compatible with a wide variety of devices and operating systems and is hosted in the cloud.
It’s like Apple’s Messages, except it’s more secure, it works on all major operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS), and it allows you to create private Chats with self-destructing messages for increased privacy. You can learn everything you need to know about sending and receiving telegrams right here.
How to Use Telegram
Use Telegram for Beginners in 7 steps
Invoking the Telegram appNow you can get a free mobile messaging app called Telegram.
- You can get it from the Google Play Store if you have an Android device. It is available on the App Store as a free download for Apple’s iOS-based mobile devices.
- To sign up for Telegram with a new username and phone number, click here. To confirm your identity, we’ll send you a one-time password.
- With this guide as your guide, setting up a Telegram account couldn’t be simpler.
Second, access your profile settings by clicking the ellipsis () in the top right corner of the screen.When you click the button, a new tab will open with all the current threads, communities, and streams.
- All of your previous conversations with other users are archived here for your perusal.
- All the threaded discussions and files that have been attached can be viewed here.
- Three parallel lines will be drawn in the top left corner. To accomplish this, you need only tap once.
- Here is where you’ll be able to change things like your username and profile picture.
- Include a short summary of your life experience.
Third, it gives you complete freedom to customize your profile however you like:Variables for personalization will show up.
- New communities can be created from this page.
- It is possible to see your Telegram contact list.
- You can access the call logs whenever you like.
- All of your previous conversations are now searchable in an archive.
To begin a discussion, proceed to step four and hit the chat button. To make modifications, click the pencil icon:A pencil is tucked away at the very bottom.
- New conversations can be started with the help of this tool.
- Good spot to initiate conversation with a complete stranger.
- You can do everything you’d expect in a chat room.
Fifth, it allows you to keep track of your contacts and hold group chats. Select the desired contact by tapping on their name:It takes only one tap of the pencil to reveal a fresh sheet.
- To create a new community and communication channel, go here.
- One can walk up to a total stranger and start a conversation.
Step 6: Tap the message box and type in your message:Message anyone you’d like, individually or in a group.
- Get in touch with other users by typing in the chat box.
- You can send me any long message you like.
- The best course of action in formal situations is to maintain composure.
The seventh step is to write your message and send it. After that, you’ll be able to join in on the conversation with other members.When you’re finished typing, hit the enter key to send the message.
- Once a message is sent, it cannot be unsent.
- Avoid sending a message before checking it twice.
The app gives you a number of different options for keeping your anonymity a secret. You can erase all billing and shipping details from previous conversations by clicking the “Settings” button. If it has been more than six months since your last login, the app will automatically delete your account and all its contents.
You can choose a period of one month, three months, or an entire year. See below for a snapshot of your Telegram account’s self-destructing settings in the Android app. Either the sender or the recipient can choose to “unsend” a message at any time. Neither the sender nor the recipient will be able to retrieve a copy of the message after it has been deleted. Here you will find information on how to customize your chat in various ways.